Role & Mission
ISDI’s mission is to support its members in securing a coherent, science based policy and regulatory environment that facilitates the production and marketing of foods for people with special dietary needs. ISDI aims to:
- Safeguard consumer health and safety;
- Provide guidance to members;
- Establish scientific and policy positions;
- Conduct science based communication, strengthening member reputation;
- Bring the global voice to local discussions as requested by members.
ISDI is an official observer at the Codex Alimentarius Commission, the joint FAO-WHO food standards setting body.